Friday 10 July 2015

Wolf Alice - My Love Is Cool


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very impressive debut


Just to add my voice to the chorus of praise for this excellent album of very well crafted songs: they are melodic, lyrically intelligent and very well played and sung and it's a very impressive debut.

I am genuinely surprised by how much I like this album.  I have been listening to music seriously for well over 40 years and I have seen a lot of bands hyped to bits on their debut only to vanish again quickly for lack of real substance.  I was therefore sceptical about Wolf Alice and the attention My Love Is Cool has received, but I was wrong.  They have produced an exceptionally good debut album and I think they have the talent to last for a long time.  I suspect we will be seeing a lot more really good stuff from this band, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Wolf Alice develop because they may well become something really big.  I can recommend this warmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment