Thursday 23 July 2015

Andreya Triana - Giants



Rating: 5/5

Review:
A terrific album

I didn't know about Andreya Triana until I saw her perform Gold on Jools Holland's programme just a few weeks ago. That was enough to persuade me to get this album, and I'm very glad I did. It's a beautifully produced set of varied, soul-based songs, all excellently performed.

Andreya Triana is a really fine singer. She has a lovely, slightly husky voice which carries echoes of people like Amy Winehouse or Macy Gray, but she's her own woman and brings her own style and personality to everything here. There are great arrangements and excellent backing musicians, all produced to make each song shine.

In short, Giants is a cracker of an album by a terrific young artist and I recommend it very warmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment