Saturday 25 July 2015

Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On (Very Best Of)


Rating: 5/5

Review:

A good compilation of early Jerry Lee


Really, there's not much to be said about a compilation of Jerry Lee Lewis's early Sun recordings.  This is one of Rock & Roll's true greats at the peak of his form and fully justifying the nickname "The Killer."  The music is just great – but you already knew that.

You may like to know that the quality of the transfers is good, with a sound which is pretty true to the originals as I remember them (yes, I am that old, I'm afraid) and it's a decent selection.  There are lots of Jerry Lee Lewis compilations, some much cheaper than this, but this is the one I've ended up with and I can't comment on the others.  If you want a decent compilation of early Jerry Lee I can recommend this – it's well done and gives me huge pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment