Monday 12 June 2017

Martha Tilston - Nomad


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very good album



I like this album a lot.  I have become a real admirer of Martha Tilston's work over the last few years and I think this is a very worthy addition to her catalogue.

Nomad is a very personal exploration of her life and emotional responses to it.  Her lyrics are excellent – intelligent, perceptive and often self-critical.  I find they often have real resonance with me and set to her sometimes slightly quirky but lovely melodies and arrangements, they often go to the heart of things.  Martha sings beautifully here; she has a fine, characterful voice and the skill and experience really to put a song across.

In short, this is a very good album from a very good singer-songwriter.  Warmly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment