Saturday 10 June 2017

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie - Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie


Rating: 2/5

Review:
Disappointing



Oh dear.  I have the greatest respect for both Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, but I think this is a pretty feeble effort, I'm afraid.  The material is very average, the performances lack much fire and the production is pretty thin.

This is an album of rather bland pop songs.  The lyrics are unexceptional and the tunes fairly catchy but rather forgettable.  Frankly, the sound reminds me of The Archies.  (Oh come on – you must remember Sugar, Sugar even if you wish you couldn't.)  It's amiable enough pop, but it doesn't add up to anything much in the end.

I won't go on and on about it, but I was disappointed in this album.  I expected something far better from two fine musicians (and a band which, apart from Stevie Nicks is effectively Fleetwood Mac).  Instead, I got an album made up almost entirely of unoriginal, fairly disposable trivia.  It could be worse, but personally I wouldn't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment