Thursday 31 October 2019

Molly Tuttle - When You're Ready


Rating: 4/5

Review:
A good album from a stunning guitarist

Molly Tuttle is an amazing guitarist; this is a good album but I’m not sure it really shows off her extraordinary talent to the full.

When You’re Ready is a good album of well crafted, nicely varied songs. Molly sings them very well and the band and production are also good. The thing is, I saw her live with Transatlantic Sessions and then again at Bush Hall very recently and she is just phenomenal. Great stage presence, terrific vocal delivery and some guitar work which is just breathtaking. She was the first woman to win Bluegrass Guitarist Of The Year and it was a very well deserved award; some of her playing would have done Doc Watson proud and I that’s about the highest praise I can give. Look on YouTube for her playing White Freightliner Blues and you’ll see what I mean.

So, this is a good album which is well worth hearing and which I listen to with pleasure, but if you get the chance to see her live, grab it with both hands. Molly Tuttle is something really special.

No comments:

Post a Comment