Monday 20 June 2016

Case, Lang, Viers - Case, Lang, Viers


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very good album



Although I can see that they're all really good, I know that many people love their work and they're all people I'd expect to like I've never quite got into the music of any of these three, somehow.  However, I like this combined effort very much.  There's all the songwriting skill and musical excellence they have shown individually, and this time it really speaks to me.

The sound is generally harmonic, rich and atmospheric without being over-produced.  It's also quite varied in style, which I like a lot.  To choose a few tracks almost at random, Delirium sounds something like a cross between Pentangle and The Mamas & The Papas, and the 60s are often close at hand with an almost psychedelic feel in places.  1000 Miles Away is more jazzy and Sade-like, Supermoon has the feel of contemporary Americana from largely acoustic singer-songwriter and Why Do We Fight reminded me strongly of The Carpenters – which is just fine by me.

I'm enjoying this album very much (and far more than I expected to).  It's thoughtful, beautifully crafted and very listenable and I can recommend this warmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment