Monday 19 November 2018

The Beatles - Let It Be...Naked


Rating: 5/5

Review :
Well worth a listen

Just to add my voice to the generally enthusiastic reviews of Let It Be without the Phil Spector additions. I always liked the original and much of this doesn’t sound that different (if at all) because Spector only produced a few tracks. Most notably for me, The Long And Winding Road sounds wonderful – and if anything better – as a quieter, more contemplative song without all those strings. (It’s such a lovely song that it sounds great almost whatever is done to it, mind you.)

I can’t say that this is a great revelation, nor that it is somehow more “authentic,” but for me it is at least as good as the original release and is well worth a listen. I found rewards here that I didn’t expect and many Beatles enthusiasts will, too, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment