Monday 26 November 2018

Tanita Tikaram - Acoustic


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very good album

I like this album a lot. I’ve heard bits and pieces of Tanita Tikaram’s work over the years but never really investigated her albums. On Acoustic she shows that she’s a good songwriter and that she can really use that dark voice to great effect.

It’s a collection of good, varied songs, including a great version of the excellent Twist In My Sobriety. There’s quite a brooding air over the album but it’s always soulful rather than oppressive and it’s a good listen throughout. I’m getting more and more out of it with each hearing and I’ll be investigating Tanita’s other albums as a result. If you like a singer/songwriter who has an individual voice both in what she writes and how she sings, try a few samples; I’ll bet you’re impressed. I was surprised by how good this is and I can recommend it warmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment