Monday 5 November 2018

Siren - Siren & Strange Locomotion


Rating: 4/5

Review:
Solid blues/rock

I was pleasantly surprised by how good this is. I knew some of Kevin Coyne’s later work but missed out on Siren at the time; it turns out that even at this very early stage of his musical career, Coyne released two very decent albums with Siren.

Neither of these albums is a Lost Classic, but they are good, solid bluesy rock with a varied approach and a slightly witty, knowing edge sometimes. There was plenty of music in a similar style around at the time but I reckon this stands out from the crowd a bit. Coyne’s vocals are as good as always, there’s some very decent guitar work and the whole thing is tight and solid.

If you like the blues/rock of the late 60s and early 70s I would definitely recommend giving Siren a try. This is good stuff and I’m glad to have discovered them at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment