Sunday 7 August 2016

Lonnie Donegan - The Collection 1956-1962


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A cracking collection



This is a cracking collection of classic British skiffle by one of its greatest exponents.  I was a young boy in Lonnie Donegan's heyday and when I was 10 my dad bought me the LP The Golden Hour Of Lonnie Donegan. I've been a huge fan ever since.

This is great stuff.  There's some very fine musicianship under the lighthearted, sometimes comic feel to all these songs.  The classic hits are all here, as is a fine selection of other stuff and the collection's a joy from start to finish.  The sound is very clean and clear and frankly you just can't go wrong here.  It's a brilliant collection of excellent (and very influential) music at a very reasonable price and I can recommend this wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment