Sunday 3 April 2016

Teddy Thompson & Kelly Jones - Little Windows


Rating: 4/5

Review:
Good songs, well performed



I like this album.  There are ten tracks but it's nearer EP length at about 25 minutes, showing the tight songwriting which has produced these brief tracks which really do act as little windows on aspects of love.

If I had to sum up the style, it sounds a bit like The Everly Brothers singing Buddy Holly songs.  The harmonies are great, and the songs themselves have a melodic and rhythmic catchiness whatever their emotional feel.  They're not all that varied, but they are different enough to make a good set, I think.  And there are some very good, witty lyrics here, especially in I Thought That We Said Goodbye and You Can't Call Me Baby which I think are exceptionally well done.

This isn't a ground-breaking classic, but it's an enjoyable album of good songs, well performed.  I'm looking forward to more collaborations between these two, and I can recommend Little Windows warmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment