Friday 8 April 2016

Dust On The Nettles


Rating: 5/5

Review:
An excellent set



Just to add my voice to the chorus of praise for this excellent box set.  There is some stuff which will be very well known to anyone interested in the folk scene at the time, and which is genuinely nostalgic for me.  Fairport, Trees, Pentangle and other bands and artists I loved then in their early days are well represented.  There's also a fabulous wealth of stuff which is less familiar (to me, anyway) and I'm very glad to have it.   Not everything is brilliant, but it's never less than interesting and some of it is fantastic.

At a very reasonable price for three discs and with excellent notes, this is a real bargain as well as being musically very rewarding.  Very warmly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment