Tuesday 16 February 2016

Dori Freeman - Dori Freeman


Rating: 4/5

Review:
A good first album



I think this is a good album.  I took a risk on it after good reviews and because Teddy Thompson produced it, and I like it.

Dori Freeman has a lovely, pure voice and sings very well.  The music is at the Country end of the Americana spectrum really, with some songs sounding pretty pure Country and it's good material with nice melodies and very good production.  The sound is generally fairly restrained with a variety of moods from the upbeat, almost rocky Fine Fine Fine to the classic Country sound of heartbreak in Go On Lovin'.

I don't think this is an earthshaking album and I doubt whether it will become a classic – but then very few albums do.  It's a good solid album from a very good singer. I'd suggest listening to a few samples – if you like what you hear then try the album; you won't be disappointed.  I can recommend this, and I look forward to hearing more from Dori Freeman.

No comments:

Post a Comment