Tuesday 21 April 2020

Jess Jocoy - Such A Long Way


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A very impressive debut

I am really impressed by this album. It is full of fine songs, very well performed and especially as a debut album it stands out for its quality.

Jess Jocoy writes very good songs. They are tuneful and listenable but they also have real lyrical substance. The opening track is entitled Existential Crossroads which gives you the idea that this isn’t just a lot of moon/June cliché and nor is it pretentious; with intelligent, insightful lyrics Jocoy gives us songs which bear repeated listening and have brought me back to this album several times since my first hearing.

Even at a time when we are exceptionally blessed with high-class female singer-songwriters, I think Such A Long Way holds its own very well. I can recommend it warmly and I’ll be looking out for her work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment