Tuesday 17 July 2018

Hot Hundred Hits of the 60s


Rating: 5/5

Review:
A brilliant compilation


This is a quite brilliant compilation, I think. It's packed with little gems in all sorts of genres from the (mainly early) 60s.  A glance at the tracklist will give an idea: from classics like The Girl of My Best Friend or Runaway through wonderfully sentimental stuff like He'll Have To Go and Tell Laura I Love Her to comedy novelty songs like My Old Man's A Dustman or Right Said Fred, it's a terrific trip through my childhood.

I have a lot of this stuff already, but there's a good deal here that I don't.  It's still a great bargain and it's just a pleasure to put on a disc and smile my way through it.  The digital remastering is excellent and you simply can't go wrong here.  Go on – you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment