Wednesday 11 July 2018

Denny Gerrard - Sinister Morning


Rating: 2/5

Review:
Very dull


Reading the description and some rave reviews of this obscure album from 1970 I thought it would be interesting.  Sadly, it wasn't; I found it very dull.

Denny Gerrard was in demand as an arranger and as an instrumentalist in the late 60s, but on this evidence he wasn't a very distinguished songwriter and his singing was very uninspiring.  There's a decent overall sound to the album, but with weak material, rather banal lyrics and soporific vocals it really doesn't add up to much for me.

I can't agree that this is a "lost gem".  I think it's just another very average album which may have sounded OK at the time but which has been understandable forgotten.  It plainly carries good memories for some reviewers, but I'm afraid I can't recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment