Sunday 1 April 2018

Rough Guide to the Best Country Blues You've Never Heard


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Brilliant


I think this is a fantastic compilation.  Rough Guides have been doing a fine job of releasing well-curated and remastered blues collections and this is one of their very best I think.

For me, this album lives up to its title; I had never heard any of these tracks before and they are really, really good.  There's some brilliant guitar work and often very fine singing, too.  Sadly, my download came without any notes (I will probably turn up dead in a ditch somewhere if I bring any more physical CDs into our house), so I'm unable to shed much light on the artists themselves, other than to say that the standard is extremely high and the sound quality is very good for recordings of this age.  It's a tribute to skilled and sensitive remastering.

In short, this is brilliant and if you have any interest in blues or acoustic guitar in general, I van recommend it very warmly indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment