Monday 12 March 2018

Strawbs - Dragonfly


Rating: 4/5

Review:
Still a very good album



This is still a very good album.  The first Strawbs album I bought was From The Witchwood, which I loved (and still do), so I rather missed out on the earlier Dragonfly – although I heard quite a few of these songs when I saw them live in about 1971. 

Dragonfly has plenty of that late-60s folky sound with hints of rock and prog, and a generally slightly bucolic, melancholy feel.  I Turned My Face To The Wind, for example, is relatively brief but is very haunting, and there are several other very good songs here with very little that sounds like filler.

It's good to see Dragonfly available again and I can recommend it to anyone who likes thoughtful, tuneful, quite folky music from the period.

No comments:

Post a Comment