Monday 22 January 2018

Trees - On The Shore


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Still a very fine album



On The Shore remains a very fine album.  I still own and treasure my old vinyl copy which I bought in the early 70s after I was transfixed by hearing Murdoch on the radio. 

The album is a mixture of traditional and newly composed songs.  It's all good and at its best it is quite outstanding.  Celia Humphris' slightly aetherial vocals and the excellent Bias Boshell's musical inspiration give it a lovely overall feel and the musicianship is excellent.  Murdoch is still a superbly atmospheric song, there's a simply beautiful version of Geordie and Sally Free And Easy is simply stunning – the final verse, "Think I'll wait till sunset…" gives me goosebumps every single time.  And so on.

Don't miss this album if you like early 70s folky stuff with a bit of a rocky feel.  It really is a bit of class and very warmly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment