Wednesday 15 November 2017

Kris Delmhorst - The Wild


Rating: 4/5

Review:
A fine album



This is a good album from a very fine artist.  Kris Delmhorst, as well as being an excellent songwriter, has a lovely, individual delivery.  It's less evident in The Wild than in some of her previous albums, but she has a way of sometimes hitting a note from below and sliding onto it which is extremely effective and evocative.  Combined with good material and excellent production, this makes the album a bit of quiet class, I think.   For me, it tails off a bit with the two closing tracks, but it's still a fine piece of work and warmly recommended.

(I would also strongly recommend Delmhorst's Strange Conversation from 2006, which I think is an absolutely superb album and one of my all-time favourites.)

No comments:

Post a Comment