Wednesday 31 May 2017

Leonard Cohen - Upon A Smokey Evening


Rating: 4/5

Review:
A decent FM recording

This is quite a decent "unofficial" recording. 


Cohen is in good voice and the performances are all well worth hearing.  But then, that's true of pretty well all the many "unofficial" live recordings of Cohen now available.  The real question is whether the sound quality is good enough, and I'd say it's not bad here.  It's not modern CD standard and there is audible FM hiss pretty well throughout, but it's pretty quiet so I don't find it too intrusive and there is none of the flutter or fade found on some of these recorded FM broadcasts.

So, if you want yet another recording of Cohen live in concert – which I confess that I do! – this isn't flawless but it's perfectly listenable and I'd say it is worth getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment