Wednesday 23 March 2016

Peter Frampton - I'm In You


Rating: 3/5

Review:
Not a great album



Although I still have great affection for Peter Frampton's earlier music from my teenage years, I have to say that this solo effort hasn't worn well. 

I'm In You is well produced and the performances are very decent, with some starry guests like Stevie Wonder and Mick Jagger, but really the result is inoffensive but pretty uninspiring.  The material isn't up to much, and blends into the sort of generic late-70s sound that filled a lot of rooms, but with no-one listening much.  From a man who made such a lot of good stuff with Humble Pie especially, and the classic Frampton Come Alive, it's a disappointment really.

This isn't a bad album, but it's not a particularly good one, either, and for me it's for nostalgic purposes only nowadays, I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment