Saturday 14 January 2017

Let's Go Down And Blow Our Minds


Rating: 4/5

Review:
A very good collection



This is a very good collection of often pretty obscure British psychedelia from 1967.  I was around then, but I didn't know most of what is on this 3-CD compilation; I'm glad to make their acquaintance now.

What you get is 80 tracks, all with that distinctive '67 psychedelia sound.  Some are brilliant (like Elmer Gantry's Flames, for example), most are good, with the very occasional turkey – and there is absolutely no excuse for the song by the QPR Supporters, in my view.  :o)  Some, possibly most, of your personal preferences will probably be different from mine, but anyone with any interest in this period will find a wealth of stuff here to enjoy.  The selection is varied and knowledgeable, and the sound quality reflects the originals pretty closely, I think; there seems to be little or no remastering, which is the way I like it.  At under twenty quid for three CDs, it's good value, too.  Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment