Monday 21 November 2016

Charlie Feathers - Jungle Fever


Rating: 5/5

Review:
Brilliant



I think this is completely brilliant.  I'm delighted to have such a fine compilation, which is well put together and with good sound.

Charlie Feathers was a truly great Rockabilly star; he had a great voice, played a mean guitar and had an excellent, tight band which meant that his records were – well, they were just great, in my view.  I don't think there's a duff track among the 30 presented here and some, the title track included, are outstanding.  They are almost all under 3 minutes long and distil the spirit of Rockabilly into fine, compact little gems.  The sound is well transferred to digital and is clean while being pretty true to the original.  It doesn't sound to me as though anyone has tried to "improve" it, thank heavens.

Not much more to be said.  A fine collection of terrific tracks, which is warmly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment